Mold typically becomes a problem indoors after mold spores land on a wet surface and begin to reproduce. Exposure to moldy environments can have harmful effects on your health. If you suspect that mold is growing in your home or business, it’s important to contact the professionals at Legend Disaster Cleanup immediately. Ignoring your growing mold problem will not only damage your home, but it may lead to serious health issues.
Harmful Effects of Mold
Symptoms and health issues may depend on the magnitude and type of mold that is present. Short-term exposure to mold is often associated with the following symptoms:
- Nasal and sinus congestion
- Cough/sore throat
- Chest tightness
- Difficult Breathing
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Skin and eye irritation
Mold can pose a greater danger to kids, the elderly, and those with respiratory issues. The potential health effects of exposure to mold are of increasing concern. According to the EPA, research on the health effects of mold is ongoing. We recommend treating any and all mold with caution, regardless of the color or type.
Experience You Can Trust
Mold in homes can be a costly and dangerous problem, particularly in prolonged exposure. Understanding the indicators of mold can help keep you and your family safe. Our experience and expertise, coupled with the proper training, protective gear, and specialized equipment, makes us your go-to solution when disaster strikes. Contact us today at 801-441-3030.